Session 5: Deterioration (1970s-1990s)
Session 5: Deterioration©, the fifth course in the Rise Up in the Truth series, continues our decade-by-decade journey to uncover the roots of abortion and the plans to de-Christianize America - a strategy that ultimately ushered in the culture of death we battle today. Session 5 covers the 1970s, 80s, and 90s.
What you'll discover in Session 5:
- The birth of bioethics in modern medical research and practice and its profound impact on healthcare and the national conversation on abortion, euthanasia, and medical research
- The deeper embedding of eugenics in radical environmentalism, the global reproductive rights agenda, and rapidly advancing biotechnologies
- How the courts were used to advance the culture of death during this time period, particularly in abortion legalization, infanticide practices, and medical neglect of the disabled
- The influence of the Reagan and Clinton presidencies in the battle for life
- The fundamental philosophies of the modern pro-life movement and the split between personhood and political pragmatism
- The silencing of the Black community's efforts to expose birth control and abortion as "Black genocide," from within and outside of the community
- The continued destruction of the Black family by the birth control and abortion industries, through government policy and radical feminist influence
- Third-wave feminism; its "intersectional" ideology, strategies for change, and academic and political influence
- The Moral Majority and the positive and negative impacts on Christianity in America, both then and now
- The heart and purpose of the pro-life rescue movement from the Catholic and evangelical perspectives
- Silencing rescues through legislation and the courts
- The moral and spiritual crossroads America faced at the dawn of the new millennium
Enrollment in this course grants you access to our exclusive interviews with Pastor Keith Tucci (Director of Operation Rescue, 1990-1993) and Dr. Monica Miller (president of Citizens for a Pro-Life Society) as they re-live the rescue movement in the 70s, 80s, and 90s and discuss its successes and challenges from the evangelical and Catholic perspectives.
Watch a sneak preview:
How it works:
This course is divided into three online modules, available in our courseroom. Each module includes approximately 50 minutes of content and a built-in 15-20 minute assessment and discussion activity (total Session 5 time is approximately 4 hours).
Purchase of this course grants you access to our online courseroom, where you can:
- Take each module as many times as you wish within a 30-day subscription period (your purchase triggers the start of the subscription)
- Explore our online library, the Knowledge Base, to discover the research used to develop this course, listen to the exclusive interviews, and see additional recommended resources that will enhance your learning (always available, even after your course expires)
Upon purchase, you will receive an email from our Learning Experience Team with instructions for creating a username and password (if you are a new learner), accessing the courseroom, and beginning your course.
GROUPS, CHURCHES, and ORGANIZATIONS: Please contact us to register offline. We take care of all the details!